Yang Zi(Andy Yang, 杨紫), born on November 6, 1992, in Beijing, is a Chinese actress and singer.
In 2005, she became well known for her role in the sitcom Home with Kids. In 2019, Yang Zi starred in the youth-inspired romance drama Go Go Squid!, which gained quite a lot of attention and won the 26th Huading Award for Best Actress.
Stage Name: Yang Zi
Chinese Name: Yang Zi(杨紫)
Birth Name: Yang Ni'ao (杨旎奥)
English Name: Andy Yang
Nickname: Xiao Hou Zi (Small Monkey)
Place of Birth: Beijing, China
Birthday: November 06, 1992
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Height: 167cm (5’5″)
Weight: 46kg (101.2 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Fandom Name: Zi Mi (Purple Rice)
Fandom Color: Purple
Fanchant: zhí zǐ zhī shǒu, yǔ zǐ tóng háng(执紫之手，与紫同行)
- Yang Zi’s agency is H&R Century Pictures.
- Education: she studied performance at Beijing Film Academy in 2010-2014.
- She is regarded as one of the “Four Dan Actresses of the post-90s Generation” (90后四小花旦), along with Zheng Shuang, Zhou Dongyu, and Guan Xiaotong.
- She loves to read, especially history.
- Her favorite color is pink.
- She’s been losing weight since she was a child. In the drama “Ode to Joy”, she eats a lot, but outside the drama, she went on a diet.
- She can play guitar, piano, and drums.
- Yang Zi’s favorite actress is Zhao Wei, At the age of five, Yang Zi saw Zhao Wei’s “My Fair Princess” and began to like acting.
- Li Xian and she are schoolmates in the academy.
- Zhang Yishan and she are classmates, and they are best friends.
- Yang Zi’s ex-boyfriend is Qin Junjie.
- She is afraid of rats, snakes, and ghosts.
- She’s left-handed, so she can eat with her left and right hands.
- Yang Zi likes to sing, dance, and rap, she said she’d either be an actress or a rapper.
- She always carries a comb with her.
- She thinks her charm point is her eyes.
- Her must-order song at KTV is “One Person’s Luggage”(一个人的行李).
- She thinks she’s similar to her character in “Perfect Wedding”(大嫁风尚).
- She likes to be praised for her acting, not her beauty.
- Yang Zi owns a teddy dog named Piu Piu, which her mom gave her for her 18th birthday!
- She prefers watching movies alone to traveling alone.
- She wants to challenge skydiving and deep diving.
- When she’s not working, she likes to stay home.
- When she was vilified all over the internet, she also told her fans to be kind.
- In “Give Me Five”, she was afraid of heights when rock climbing, but overcame it.
- In “The Chinese Restaurant”, the food was not fresh, the chef said to throw it out, she said it was too wasteful and ate it straight away, even put it aside and said not to throw it away she would eat it later.
- The Golden HairpinHuang ZixiaMain Role
- My People, My Hometown(我和我的家乡)(Jiang Ziya)(2020)
- Bodies at Rest(沉默的证人)(Qiao Lin)(2019)
- The Bravest(烈火英雄)(Wang Lu)(2019)
- The Eve(前夕)(Xiao Liu)(2018)
- A Paper Marriage(一纸婚约)(Ling Ling)(2018)
- Today, She Has Anticipation Too(这一天，她是有期待的)(Qiu Yingying)(2017)
- 17 Bring Joy Home(17把乐带回家)(Xia Xue)(2016)
- Crying Out in Love(在世界中心呼唤爱)(Xia Ye)(2016)
- Papa(洛杉矶捣蛋计划)(Wang Nina)(2016)
- Where Are All The Time(时间都去哪了)(Lin Yutong)(2015)
- King Tea Storm(斗茶)(Xie Xiaoxiang)(2014)
- Insisrence(守株人)(Jia Jia)(2012)
- Mother's Call(妈妈的呼唤)(Qiao Ni)(2012)
- Death and Glory in Changde(喋血孤城)(Tao Er)(2010)
- Third Class Fifth Class(三班五班)(Ran Dongyang)(2010)
- Money Makes Trouble(小题大做)(Shi Xiaotao)(2010)
- Boy and Girl(男生女生)(Ran Dongyang)(2010)
- I Am a Fan(我是粉丝)(Qiao Xiaoqiao)(2008)
- The Last Fragrance(最后的芬芳)(Duo Lun)(2007)
- The Quiet Lady(少女穆然)(He Lan)(2004)
- Dad Wants to Divorce(爸爸要离婚)(Ji Ji)(2004)
- An Old Record(一张老唱片)(Ding Yun)(2004)
- Lao Fei(老费)(Xiao Lan)(2004)
- Girl's Diary(女生日记)(Ran Dongyang)(2004)
- The Law of Romance(警察有约)(2003)
- The Detective's Adventure(萌探探探案)(2021)
- Chinese Restaurant 3(中餐厅3)(2019)
- Give Me Five 2(高能少年团2)(2018)
- Sisters Over Flowers(花样姐姐)(2015)
- We Are Young 2(花样年华2)(2014)