The Monkey King 3 is a fantasy comedy film directed by Pou-Soi Cheang, led by Aaron Kwok, Feng Shaofeng, Zhao Liying, Xiao Shenyang, and Him Law, co-starring Lin Chi-ling, Gigi Leung, Liu Tao, Kingdom Yuen, Pan Binlong and Shi Shi.
The film tells the story of the Tang monk and his disciples who fight with various demons and monsters on their way to get the scriptures.
- Aaron KwokSun WukongMain Role
- Feng ShaofengTang SengMain Role
- Zhao LiyingQueen of the women's kindomMain Role
- Xiao ShenyangZhu Ba JieMain Role
- Lin Chi-lingThe god of the riverSupport Role
- Kingdom YuenElder PriestSupport Role
- Liu TaoGuanyin BodhisattvaSupport Role
- Pan BinlongRu YiSupport Role
- Shi ShiOld Queen of the women's kindomSupport Role
- Sun YihanMaid Yang ZhiSupport Role
On their journey, Tang Sanzang and his disciples pass through the River of Wangchuan, accidentally angering the River God and entering the Female Kingdom of Western Liang.
As they intrude, they realize that this country consists solely of women, and no man has ever set foot there since its founding.
Moreover, there is an ancestral decree within the country that regards men as natural enemies. The ancient scriptures even contain a prophecy, stating that one day, a monk from the Eastern Land would arrive with a monkey, a pig, and a small blue-skinned being, and their arrival would mark the destruction of the kingdom.