The drama is adapted from the novel of the same name by A Nai and tells the story of five girls from different families with very different personalities who live on the 22nd floor of the “Ode to Joy” Community, from strangers to familiarity to mutual understanding, helping each other and growing up together.
English Title: Ode to Joy
Chinese Title: 欢乐颂
Genre: Urban, Romance, Friendship, Life
Tag: Multiple Mains, Multiple Couples, Female Centered Plot, Sismance, Smart Female Lead, Rich Female Lead
Duration: 40 min.
Director: Kong Sheng, Jian Chuanhe
Writer: Yuan Zidan
Producer: Hou Hongliang
Product Company: DAYLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT, SHANDONG FILM AND TV GROUP
Released Date: 2016-04-18
Boradcast Website: Viki, MZTV Exclusive
- Liu TaoAn DiMain Role
- Jiang XinFan ShengmeiMain Role
- Wang ZiwenQu XiaoxiaoMain Role
- Yang ZiQiu YingyingMain Role
- Qiao XinGuan Ju ErMain Role
- Zu FengWei WeiSupport Role
- Wang KaiZhao QipingSupport Role
- Yang ShuoBao YifanSupport Role
- Zhang LuWang BochuanSupport Role
- Jin DongTan ZongmingSupport Role
- Zhang XiaoqianYao BinSupport Role
- Guo XiaoranQu LianjieSupport Role
- Ning WentongYan LumingSupport Role
- Wu HaochenYing QinSupport Role
- Feng HuiFather of QiuSupport Role
- Liu MintaoMother of GuanSupport Role
- Yue YangBrother of Fan ShengmeiSupport Role
- Ding YongdaiWei GuoqiangSupport Role
- Zhao DaHostSupport Role
Fan Shengmei, who has come to work in Shanghai, shared a suite with Guan Ju’er and Qiu Yingying.
They live on the 22nd floor of a mid-range Community called “Ode to Joy” with An Di, a highly intelligent returnee gold collar worker, and Qu Xiaoxiao, a wealthy girl with superb charm.
The five girls have very different personalities, each carrying their own difficulties and disappointments from work, love, and family.
They get to know each other as neighbors going from speculating about each other to gradually accepting each other and opening their hearts to each other.
In the process, they worked together to solve the problems and confusion in each other’s lives and witnessed each other’s growth and transformation in the “magic city” of Shanghai.