The drama is based on Feng Tang's novel "Beijing, Beijing / 北京，北京", and follows Qiushui as he befriends his lover Xiao Hong and a group of best buddies during his eight years of university study. After graduation, they have a few ups and downs, which makes them feel nostalgic about their youth.
- Zhou DongyuXiao HongMain Role
- Zhang YishanQiu ShuiMain Role
- You JingruZhao YingnanSupport Role
- Chen YilongXiao BaiSupport Role
- Yang YueYao DaoSupport Role
- Hua JiaoLiu TingtingSupport Role
- Qi XiLiu QingSupport Role
- Liu ChenglinHuang QiSupport Role
In the 1990s, Qiu Shui, a literary young man, follows his parents' wishes and enters medical school. There, he meets Xiao Hong and Zhao Yingnan, both of whom have very different personalities but love him.
Faced with the courting of two girls, Qiu Shui chooses Zhao Yingnan, whom he thinks he should like, but always keeps Xiao Hong in his heart.
In the seven years of his relationship with Zhao Yingnan, Xiao Hong has stayed by Qiu Shui's side.
When graduating, Qiu Shui's obsession with literature is criticised by Zhao Yingnan, and they gradually separate from each other.
But Xiao Hong understands Qiu Shui, appreciates his literary talent and is Qiu Shui's soul mate...